Here's a recipe for eggplant salad with mayonnaise.
- 4 kg/9 lb eggplants
- 2 eggs
- 200 ml/7 fl oz cooking oil
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 medium onion
- 1 garlic head
- salt, to taste
1. Roast the eggplants until they become soft and their skin blackens. Peel them while they are hot and place them in a strainer to drain.
2. (Clean the eggplants by brushing them with a wet hand.) Chop with a large knife going
one way and then coming perpendicular to that direction, until the eggplant is properly hashed. Make sure you are using a stainless-steel knife, or else
it will blacken the eggplant.
3. Start making the mayo by boiling hard one egg (10 minutes). Take the hard yolk of the egg and put it in a bowl; break it with a fork.
Add to that the yolk of a fresh egg and start mixing with a wooden spoon.
4. Add some of the cooking oil as you continue to mix.
5. Add 1 teaspoon of mustard and the remaining cooking oil, gradually.
>6. Add the chopped eggplants to the mixing bowl.
Thank you for stopping by!
If you'd like to stay posted of new pictures, recipes, and other TravelRomania news, send me an email
with "subscribe" in the subject line.